2016 Financial Product Sales & Analytics Representative – Beijing
What’s the role?
Are you passionate about the financial markets and excited by the prospect of creating customized solutions for the world’s leading financial professionals? If so, join our comprehensive training program for entry level Analytics Representatives (Client Services) in our Sales and Analytics group, a key part of our Financial Products business.
Analytics Representatives are integral to the Bloomberg Help Desk, taking questions from clients who use our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal, also known as the Bloomberg Professional Service. Whether you are helping construct a relative comparison sheet for a research analyst, advising a portfolio manager on our risk management tools, or providing liquidity analysis solutions to a trader, you will continuously create innovative solutions for our clients.
What’s Financial Products all about?
The Financial Products team provides analysis and data to Bloomberg clients. We deliver the company’s core product, the legendary Bloomberg Professional Service, reaching more than 320,000 subscribers and millions of business professionals.
What we do in Sales and Analytics
Sales and Analytics work together as partners to provide value-added business solutions to our customers through the Bloomberg Professional Service.
– Our team of Analytics Representatives delivers exceptional service through real-time chats, phone calls and face-to-face trainings to our customers on a daily basis. The team showcases basic and advanced Bloomberg solutions to meet our clients’ specific workflow needs.
– Our Terminal Sales team is responsible for demonstrating the advantages of our suite of solutions to both potential and existing clients. With a consultative approach, they identify our clients’ needs and present Bloomberg solutions to help them make the best investment or trading decisions.
What to expect from your full-time opportunity
When you join Analytics, you’ll start off in a comprehensive training program designed to develop your cross asset and product knowledge so that you’re prepared to take questions from clients on the Bloomberg Help Desk. Through daily interactions with key players in the financial industry, you will further enhance your skills in managing client relationships and problem solving.
Working as an Analytics Representative opens doors to other career opportunities within Bloomberg. The typical career path will lead to a Terminal Sales role. However, within Analytics, opportunities do exist in management and Advanced Specialist position. Advanced Specialists provide the highest level of product support, mentor colleagues and deliver training, working closely with R&D.
What we look for
At minimum for this role, we look for candidates who have earned a Bachelor’s degree prior to joining us or who have relevant work experience
We also require:
– Ability to work well as part of a team
– Ability to work well under pressure & to multi-task effectively
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
– Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Strong interest in the financial markets
– Strong MS Excel skills
– Travel could be required once in Sales
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
– Coursework in finance, economics and/or business, although all majors are welcome
– Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
– Fluency in an Asian language
– Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
– Experience in and enthusiasm for customer service
– Proven ability to sell, with interest in pursuing a career in sales
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.